Friday, October 17, 2014

Heading into Christmas

I couldn't resist making another fun bag. I am seriously thinking I might need about 10 more. they are so fun and quick to make.

I also found a small pile of Christmas scraps and just put them together for a quick table runner for my daughter. I quick quilted it up. Done! Yeah!
In the process of digging out the bag of Christmas scraps. I found the remaining piece of fabric from many years ago. I made Christmas dresses for all 3 of my girls. Different patterns but using the same fabric along with black velveteen. I thought it might be fun to make that quick ten minute table runner from the leftover piece. A small remembrance each year of when they were little.

As I continued to dig I found some remaining blocks from a Christmas quilt that never made it into a quilt so off I went and put them together. This weekend I can quickly quilt it up and all 3 girls just might get a little Christmas goodie.
The rest of my weekend was spent underneath a pile of string scraps and it sure was fun but messy. I have a total of 60 squares done but will save the remaining 60 for another long weekend. Very satisfying.
 Next weekend I am off to Austin to see Jenny Doan from Missouri Star Quilt Co. and the weekend after that is Houston Quilt festival. I am just so excited for all the quilt fun.
Linking up to Crazy mom quilts
confessions of a fabric addict


1 comment:

  1. What a great use of your left overs. I like all these projects and so will your daughters. :) And aren't those bags addicting?

    Have fun at your quilting weekends!

    ReplyDelete