Sunday, August 24, 2014

Final summer finish

The kids come to school tomorrow morning and I have been back to school for over a week now. I have continued to sew but not quite as much as I get ready for another school year. I did manage to finish a top. I bought the fabric in Ohio on sale and needed something simple to work on after my trainings. I am pleased with it and think it will be even softer and more fun after it is quilted but my stack "to quilt" is getting taller. I also made some fun birthday bloomers for the grand daughters first birthday coming up and appliqued a cute shirt for her. Those pictures will come later as I forgot to take them and my daughter took them home. For now, my newest .
The colors are hard to see in the picture but it's very sweet.

2 comments:

  1. I love the fabrics and colors. Do you quilt your own?
    Are you a public school teacher? On Friday we fed over 200 teachers that work at the high school next to our church - it was an appreciation luncheon for them. Teachers are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see the photos of your granddaughter in her homemade birthday outfit! It was wonderful meeting you today. I hope you love your oils as much as I love mine!

    ReplyDelete