Friday, April 25, 2014

Friday finish!

I just could not stop myself!! I was having too much fun with the Easter baskets and I made one more for my grandbaby's cousin. They were so much fun to make.
Last weeks pictures did not show a close up, so here is one of the other baskets.
I finally finished the top of the quilt that gave me so much trouble. I love the fabric but the original brick quilt was too busy. The top is done and I think after  it is quilted I will get a better picture in better light. They always look so much better after quilting.
I quickly made up a neutral seat cover for my old high chair. Not bad for a night of sewing and some old scraps left in a drawer that I would Never quilt with. The stripes don't match but it will get mighty dirty, washed lot and eventually thrown away I am sure . It will work for now.
My daughter wanted to make a sock monkey quilt for one of her husbands cousins so we ordered this fun fabric and I have cut it and it's ready for her to start sewing. it is so cute and will make a really fun one!

It is midnight and I think my time is up.
Linking up to Crazy mom quilts




3 comments:

  1. Dona you have been busy! Love your WIP and that monkey fabric is fun!!! Enjoy making that one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The baskets really are too cute! I love the names you put on them. And I think the brick quilt is looking great. But you are right, quilting adds so much.

    ReplyDelete