Friday, November 22, 2013

Friday Finishes

I have plenty to list today. I did not have anything done for a few weeks and all of a sudden now ,,,,,they are all done! Yeah!!  Seems like I have been working on things but nothing completed. I guess it just all came together at the same time.
I quilted this up the other day and added some scraps for the binding. A friend works at a local free hospital and rocks the babies. I think one of them may have to get this one.
I work during the day so the light at night when I take pictures is not very good. This one has much prettier colors in the light. It is just scraps and rather busy but it is crib size and just lovely. maybe another donation.
I saw this pattern last summer and have been anxious to try it out. I bought the fabric at the quilt show and I love the happy colors. It is twin size and after quilting will rest in my spare bedroom on the twin bed.
This picture is just awful but it is the best I can do on dark dreary days or late nights. It is about 50% Kaffe Fasset fabric and just about jumps up to dance.  It is just so bright and colorful. after it is quilted I will have to get a proper picture taken. It is about full size and my husband wants me to add on to make it queen size for our bedroom. Hmmm.
My failed experiment! I tried making coasters and I don't like them. I might try some more but these will get used in my sewing room.
Here is the backside to my pillows from the last post. I think I like the back a little more than the front.
The quilt top is done but needs to be quilted. It is queen size and I hope my daughter likes it. I might get some white pillowcases and add some trim to match. Then she would have a set!!!
Linking up to Crazy Mom Quilts for my Friday finishES!







3 comments:

  1. Oh my, Dona - where to start? Firstly, congrats for all the finishes! You must have a wonderful sense of achievement. Lovely baby quilts, I'm sure they will be appreciated by whomever is lucky enough to have them. Your fabrics are bright and cheery - the purple border fabric on your daughter's quilt is delightful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your finishes. So nice to be able to add an s on the end! I must say I love your coasters. They look very bright and cheerful. The baby will be very lucky to get that beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you have been busy! I need some of that energy!

    ReplyDelete