Friday, October 4, 2013

Christmas in October

I have made a few Christmas quilts and given them away so I finally decided to maybe make one for myself. I bought this fabric on vacation this summer In New Mexico.  My husband helped choose the fabric. It is the X-block pattern and book, and is super easy. I think it will be much nicer once it is quilted up. Hmmm. I am thinking of people in my life that really might like it. Keep? Give away? Hmm..
I also had these picture panels in an old bag. They were cute scenes with words over each one, intended to be a fabric book. Well, Amanda Jean  at Crazy Mom Quilts inspired me with a flower quilt. So, the words came off, the picture was framed with scraps and here it is. It has an old fashioned sweet sense about it. I like it!

Its another late night, Friday night finish. But it feels good!

1 comment:

  1. I agree - I loooove how quilting changes a quilt from great to FABULOUS. I think this one should be a keeper!! I am a real fan of vintage - the book pages make a wonderful quilt top, this one will be fun to quilt!!!

    ReplyDelete