Friday, September 6, 2013

Sedona Sunrise!

 I love this quilt, but then again I love most quilts. I bought this fabric this summer in Sedona. I posted a picture earlier. It is the watercolor fabric by Mary Fisher. I Made it up into a lap size quilt and it just smiles at me! I am so happy with how it turned out.

 My sister in law requested a queen size quilt for an auction. One that was pretty neutral. I wish the pictures were clearer. The colors look so blah in the picture but they are nice clean tans and blues and beautiful dark greens. I did some serious ripping on this one. I quilted with a cream color thread since the center background is cream but halfway through realized I hated it on the dark green border. So, I ripped out the borders and quilted them in a dark green to match. Ahh, so much better.  I wish I had more ideas for the quilting part of it. I just stippled the whole thing because a queen size is tough to maneuver on my machine. But, no worries, my class at quilt festival in November is all about that. Yay!
 Some leftover strips made it into the backing just for fun. And what fun it was! Linking up to Crazy Mom Quilts, my favorite place!

1 comment: