Friday, September 27, 2013

3 Friday Finishes

  Well, I felt stuck a few weeks ago. I just didn't know what to do next. Not enough yardage for one project, not the right colors for another, not enough variety for one and not enough white for another, Sheesh! well, thank goodness those days are over, and I am back in the swing of things. I started with a simple, quick and easy small strip quilt and moved on. Not too crazy about this one, but it got me rolling again. It is a small baby size.

I have always wanted to do another zig zag quilt and my daughter helped me put these fabrics in order and off I went. I love this one. It is a nice lap size. I got this design from A tutorial at Myquiltinfatuation. Thanks so much. I love it and may have to make another.
I had the blocks done for this one and showed them in an earlier post, but I finally got them put together into this queen size. I am going to the Houston Quilt Festival in a month so I am sure I will find some matching fabric for borders while I am there. 

So, overall I got some nice things accomplished!
My sewing friends gathered in MN this weekend and I was unable to join them so I will sew in solidarity with you all! I cut out a Christmas quilt tonight and got started on that. I am sure you will see the Friday finish on that one next week. Cheers my friends and happy sewing.
Linking up to crazy Mom quilts







6 comments:

  1. visiting from crazy mum quilts. That is a lot of finishes. I particularly love the first one. Well done

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well those came out great! Who knew you were stuck just a while back - those sing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm, for some reason, I am just now finding your blog... and I'm so glad that I did. I love every quilt you have posted here. So many of them I want to ask 'what pattern did you use'. I would like to have one of each, please. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first one is from a tutorial on youtube, Jenny Doan at Missouri Star Quilt Company. The zig zag, Chevron is from a blog tutorial at Myquiltinfatuation.blogspot.com and the big queen size is from an old Aug/Sept Issue of McCall's Quick Quilts magazine. I made the quilt into a queen size. I added a few rows, so it is bigger than the magazine.

      Delete
  4. Great finishes!! Congrats!!!!

    ReplyDelete