Sunday, August 25, 2013

A sewing weekend!

Well, it was a late night Friday finish. I went on to make another finish on Saturday and now a late night post on Sunday. It was a good weekend in the sewing room!  So here was my Friday finish. I quilted it up and put the binding on. it really looks much better in person. The center color is a pink and there is some pink in the other center as well. the green is a pretty batik looking fabric. My husband really likes this one.

I just love this one. It is the Fair and Square pattern from Crazy mom quilts, but we made the borders a little bigger. The squares in the middle are the state flower fabrics. My daughter did the sewing and the machine quilting so I guess it was a little bit of a joint effort but I am so proud of her. It is just lovely! Thanks Amanda Jean, I love this pattern.
This was my late night Saturday finish. I made the top last year and finally got it quilted up and finished. It is definately a scrap quilt. I am just OK with it but again my husband really likes it. It is about a full size and it was fun to make all those light and dark sqares and arrange them.
So here is a peek at what is up this week. I am almost finished quilting this one and then on goes the binding. This  is one of my favorites. The colors are bright and cheery. Just happy! Back to work!



No comments:

Post a Comment